Chef Anthony’s Homemade Gnocchi shopping ingredients and recipe.
Preparing for two, please do not multiplicate the ingredients, that may create confusion in other participants.
For the Gnocchi
Although the Gnocchi are not so difficult to make, I put double ingredients because if the first time the recipe fails we have a chance to start over.
350 g x 2 (times) - 2 x 12.5 oz Potato (Yukon gold, King Edward Potatoes or similar, dry potato with starch, mealy potatoes like russets). Boiled for 40 minutes (check with a toothpick the cooking point) – to be soft) and keep worm ready for the cooking class.
100 g x2 all-purpose flour 2x3.5oz all propose flour Keep a bowl of flour handy to use during the cooking class.
2# 2-egg yolk, keep separately in a little bowl.
2x50 g 2x1.75 oz (1/2 Cup) Parmigiano Reggiano grated cheese.
1 pinch of Nutmeg
1 pinch of black pepper
2 g of salt or 1 teaspoon
For the Cheese Sauce
300 ml of milk
60g of butter
20 g of flour or one tablespoon
40 gr of grated parmigiano cheese or 2 tablespoon
30 gr of grated gorgonzola cheese or 1 tablespoon
30 gr of grated asiago cheese or 1 tablespoon
Salt, ground fresh pepper
Keep handy a baguette Bread so we can prepare some crostini with the spread
Here is the PDF version of the receipt. Download
Large chopping board or flat working table
Microplane grater, potato masher or a big fork
Some little trays and plates to hold the food.
Large pot with boiling water and salt to be ready during the class
Skimmer to remove the gnocchi after boiling.
Boil the potatoes for 40 minutes, check the cooking point with a toothpick and keep warm. (Cover with a rag for the cooking class).
Starting the class, we peel off the skin. Pass through a potato ricer or masher or press with a fork while still warm - try not to overwork the potato, keeping it as light as possible. Add the flour and the egg yolk, season with salt and pepper and nutmeg, gently mix with the fingers, and then combine into a dough.
Roll into sausage shapes around 2cm thick. Cut into 2cm short pillow-shaped gnocchi and store on greaseproof (or baking) paper in the fridge until ready to cook.
1 small-medium saucepan
1 kitchen mixing spoon
1 sauté pan around 9 inch 30 cm.
For the cheese sauce; heat the butter and melt in the saucepan, add the flour and cook for 3 minutes and give light brown color. Add the milk and keep hitting, boil 3 minutes after the mixture start the boiling point. Add the cheeses and keep mixing fast, remove from the hit and keep mixing until cheeses are melted and the sauce is smooth.
Put the gnocchi in the pot with salted boiling water; keep until the gnocchi over float, remove and put into the sauté pan, where you toast with the sauce. If the sauce is too thick, add some milk or cooking water.
Serve in the plate with fresh black pepper.
Upcoming and Past Events
- RSVP ClosedJan 22, 11:00 AM – 1:30 PM PSTZoom Meeting IDRegister on this event to participate. Join Chef Anthony for a joyful online cooking class and get together with your Team! Please get the recipe on the link below as well as the equipment needed and directions. Ingredients will be shipped in your address few days before the event.
- RSVP ClosedPrivate Event ViaComCBS European Team - Online Cooking Class with Chef Anthony - The Italian Elixir - Class 1Jan 05, 6:30 PM – 9:00 PM GMT+1Zoom Meeting IDPostponed Jan 5th 630 pm CET Please get the recipe on the link below as well as the equipment needed ad directions.
- RSVP ClosedDec 22, 2020, 12:30 PM – 2:30 PM GMT+2Online from ItalyFor the shopping list and recipe directions check the link below in the event description. See you real soon!
- RSVP ClosedPrivate Event ViaComCBS European Team - Online Cooking Class with Chef Anthony - The Italian Elixir - Class 3Dec 21, 2020, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM GMT+1Zoom Meeting IDVirtual Team Building - ViaComCBS European Team Private Event. Please get the recipe on the link below as well as the equipment needed ad directions.
- RSVP ClosedPrivate Event ViaComCBS European Team - Online Cooking Class with Chef Anthony - The Italian Elixir - Class 2Dec 21, 2020, 12:00 PM – 2:30 PM GMT+1Zoom Meeting IDVirtual Team Building - ViaComCBS European Team Private Event. Please get the recipe on the link below as well as the equipment needed ad directions.
- RSVP ClosedDec 10, 2020, 6:10 PM – 8:10 PM GMTZoom Meeting IDVirtual Team Building for Harness Team. Private Event.
- Sold OutDec 03, 2020, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM GMT+1Online Cooking Class from ITALYJoin Chef Anthony for an Interactive Cooking Class and learn how to make the best Gnocchi with cheese sauce or burro e salvia.
- Sold OutNov 19, 2020, 7:00 PM – 7:45 PMLive Facebook and Website streaming.Attend Chef Anthony online Cooking Class. We are going to cook a wonderful Pumpkins Risotto with sausage and smoked cheese fondue.
- RSVP ClosedNov 15, 2020, 6:30 PM – 7:15 PM GMT+1Facebook Live VideoUnforgettable online experience with your Chef. Watch Chef Anthony Live on making the most simple and traditional Spaghetti dish.
- RSVP ClosedMay 30, 2020, 9:00 PM – 11:05 PM GMT+2Chicken Parmigiana Online Cooking ClassLearn Online, step by step how to cook the best Cruise Line Chicken Parmigiana with your Chef.