Chef Anthony’s Homemade Potato Gnocchi - shopping ingredients and recipe.
Preparing for two
The Gnocchi are not so difficult to make, but I recommend purchasing double amounts of the ingredients. That way if you run into trouble, we have a chance to start over.
12.5 oz/350 g. potato (about two large) – Yukon gold, King Edward, Russets or any dry, starchy potato.
Before the class, boil unpeeled potatoes for 40 minutes until a toothpick can be inserted easily. Keep potato covered and warm for the cooking class.
3.5 oz./100 g. (0.8 Cup) all-purpose flour, plus extra to be kept available during the class
1 egg yolks in a small bowl
1.75 oz/50 g (2Tablesoon). grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
1 pinch black pepper
1 Teaspoons/ 3g. salt
Three Cheeses Sauce
1.5 Cup /350 ml milk
4 Tablespoons. /50g of butter
1,5 Tablespoons. /20 g of flour
2 Tablespoons. /40 g. of grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
1.5 Tablespoons. /30 g. crumbled gorgonzola cheese
1.5 Tablespoons. /30 g. of grated or shredded (or small cubes) asiago cheese
Salt, fresh ground black pepper
Order ingredients from your preferred store or create and print your shopping list .
Delivered ingredients by Chef Anthony may vary according to store availabilities based n your address.
Large cutting board or flat working table
Potato masher/ricer or large fork
Small trays, bowls, or plates to hold food
Large pot of boiling salted water to be ready during the class
Skimmer or large slotted spoon
Sauté pan (9 in./30 cm)
Starting the class, we peel off the skin of the potato. Pass through a potato ricer or masher or press with a fork while still warm - try not to overwork the potato, keeping it as light as possible.
Add the flour and the egg yolks, season with salt and pepper and nutmeg.
Gently mix with the fingers, and then combine into a dough.
Roll into sausage shapes around 1 inch/2 cm thick. Cut into 1 inch/2 cm short pillow-shaped gnocchi and store on greaseproof (or parchment) paper in the fridge until ready to cook.
Cheese Sauce Directions
Heat the butter and melt in the saucepan.
Add the flour and cook for 3 minutes until it is a light brown color.
Add the milk and keep heating. Boil 3 minutes after the mixture reaches the boiling point.
Add the cheeses and keep mixing rapidly. Remove from the heat and keep mixing until cheeses are melted and the sauce is smooth.
Put the gnocchi in the pot with salted boiling water; cook until they float.
Remove and put into the sauté pan, where you toast the gnocchi with the sauce.
If the sauce is too thick, add some milk or cooking water.
Serve on a plate with fresh black pepper.
Past and Upcoming Events
- RSVP ClosedMar 18, 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM EDTZoom Meeting IDRegister on this event to participate. Join Chef Anthony for a joyful online cooking class and get together with your Team! Please get the recipe on the link below as well as the list of the equipment needed and directions. Ingredients will be shipped in your address few days before the event.
- RSVP ClosedJan 22, 11:00 AM – 1:30 PM PSTZoom Meeting IDRegister on this event to participate. Join Chef Anthony for a joyful online cooking class and get together with your Team! Please get the recipe on the link below as well as the equipment needed and directions. Ingredients will be shipped in your address few days before the event.
- RSVP ClosedPrivate Event ViaComCBS European Team - Online Cooking Class with Chef Anthony - The Italian Elixir - Class 1Jan 05, 6:30 PM – 9:00 PM GMT+1Zoom Meeting IDPostponed Jan 5th 630 pm CET Please get the recipe on the link below as well as the equipment needed ad directions.
- RSVP ClosedDec 22, 2020, 12:30 PM – 2:30 PM GMT+2Online from ItalyFor the shopping list and recipe directions check the link below in the event description. See you real soon!
- RSVP ClosedDec 10, 2020, 6:10 PM – 8:10 PM GMTZoom Meeting IDVirtual Team Building for Harness Team. Private Event.
- Sold OutNov 19, 2020, 7:00 PM – 7:45 PMLive Facebook and Website streaming.Attend Chef Anthony online Cooking Class. We are going to cook a wonderful Pumpkins Risotto with sausage and smoked cheese fondue.
- RSVP ClosedNov 15, 2020, 6:30 PM – 7:15 PM GMT+1Facebook Live VideoUnforgettable online experience with your Chef. Watch Chef Anthony Live on making the most simple and traditional Spaghetti dish.
- RSVP ClosedMay 30, 2020, 9:00 PM – 11:05 PM GMT+2Chicken Parmigiana Online Cooking ClassLearn Online, step by step how to cook the best Cruise Line Chicken Parmigiana with your Chef.